Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Romance Means to Me - TADBJ

This, dear friends, is a great question and one that I'm glad my friend at Toddler Awesome thought to ask.

What does romance mean to me?  The answer is worth pondering and possibly revising regularly.

From my perspective romance is:

  • Loving my husband and supporting him.  
  • It is providing a restful, safe place for him as a confidant, comforter and lover so that no matter where we are he knows that he is home.    
  • It is fighting for him when he needs me, but also letting him fight for me.  
  • It is respecting his leadership by helping with the decision making and helping him lead effectively and appropriately.  
  • It is helping him find balance when life gets crazy.  
  • It is helping him accomplish what he wants to accomplish. 
  • It is letting our children believe that their daddy "hung the moon," while also teaching them that he's human and fallible, but worth loving and respecting anyway.  
  • It is taking time out from my busyness to give him a hug and kiss and tell him that I love him - showing him that he is a priority.  
  • It is not letting him get away with less than his best and making sure he knows that I think he's incredible.  


Romance is

  • My Hubby loving, supporting and providing for me.  
  • It is his willingness to fight for me and let me know that I'm worth fighting for.  
  • It is leading me when I need led, but respecting my opinion enough that we can make decisions together.  
  • It is helping me improve on myself while also complimenting my good qualities.  
  • It is helping me get where I want to get and accomplish what I want to accomplish.  
  • It is teaching our children to respect and honor me.  
  • It is letting me sleep in sometimes when I'm really tired.  
  • It is going above and beyond to let me know that I'm loved and appreciated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment