Monday, May 24, 2010

If I could change one thing... TADBJ

I know, I know.  I'm a little late on this one.  All I can say is that life happens and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Now, on to the meat of this post...

The question for today (or yesterday actually) is "If you could change one thing about how you have lived your life thus far, what would it be?"

This is a tough question.  It's easier to tell you what I wouldn't change.  I wouldn't change getting married.  I wouldn't change having my children.  I wouldn't change going to college, although I might change quitting and not going back.  Truth be told though, I really didn't have a clue what I wanted to do or who I wanted to be back then and had I finished school then it probably wouldn't be helping me much now.

So what would I change?  Spending my husband's inheritance-that he got after his grandmothers death-on groceries.  That's really not all we spent it on.  We bought a computer that Hubby really needed, and a car that he really needed.  And we "nickeled and dimed" the rest of it away.  Money was scarce except for that inheritance money, but neither of us had much of a job, nor the motivation to go get one.  So the convenient money to buy groceries with was the money Hubby's grandma left him.  It didn't take very long for it to be whittled all away.  It wasn't a ton of money, but it would have been a nice down payment on a house.

But, you know... you live and learn.  If we ever get a sizable amount of money like that again, we will for sure be trying to spend it more wisely.  Speaking of which, I think PCH.com is calling my name. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment