Friday, May 14, 2010

What I'm Most Proud of - TADBJ

This is a hard one for me.  One of my fellow bloggers said about writing her introduction that it was like a job interview when they ask you to tell them about yourself and you blank.  Thats kind of how THIS question is for me.  It's like when they ask you to tell them what your strengths are or to list your top qualities.  Inevitably there is a, "Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh..." moment in my head.  It must not last as long as it feels like it does, because very often, I get the job.

I guess what I am MOST proud of is my boys.  I know that seems like a cop-out answer, but it really is true.  I'm very proud of my children, how cute they are (yes, I'm biased, but everyone tells me its true), how well behaved they tend to be (not always, but most of the time), and how much they are learning and growing.  I love my babies and that's just how its supposed to be.

I'm also proud of the fact that I have birthed two babies naturally.  I'm even prouder of the fact that I learned from my mistakes the first time.  I'm also proud that I had such a great experience each time that I actually look forward to doing it again (Thank you, Hypnobabies).

These are the things I'm most proud of.  It's actually good to think about that question and answer it for myself.  It really puts things into perspective and reminds me why I love being a mom and why I want to be a doula.

7 comments:

  1. well, you SHOULD be proud of giving birth to 2 beautiful boys...there's a lot of "labor" that goes into it! Plus it's great that you can recognize your mistakes and learn from them. Most people would just make the same mistakes over and over again....and still not learn from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be very proud of that! I had to have a c-section, so the fact you had yours naturally just makes me want to stand up and cheer. That is awesome! And, the fact you do well with them now, that's even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having two naturally is wonderful..me, Im a fan of the epidural..but I highly applaud anyone that can do that! I havent written my post yet, Im brainstorming, but when you have children its hard to not consider them your greatest accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great answer! Will have to check out the hypnobabies link - I am hoping for a better experience if/when I have another baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think being proud of your boys is a cop-out!! I envy you, can't wait until I can say the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost jealous! At 18 with my 1st son - I wanted to have a natural birth with the midwives. I made it to 7 1/2 cm and didn't progress any more... had to have a c-section with him and then with the last 2 also. :(
    I agree with Shelly - once you have kids - they automatically qualify for something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All 3 of my deliveries were different and there is definitely something to be proud of (IMO) when it comes to natural child birth. : ) And everyone is right, your boys ARE adorable!

    ReplyDelete