Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our Favorite Vacation - TADBJ

Having taken a long weekend this week I'm a bit behind, so please bear with me while I catch up!

We haven't really taken vacations since the boys were born.  We like to go visit "Mammaw and Pappaw" in Memphis sometimes.  We also like going to Charleston, SC where I lived from ages 7-14.  We just go visit, stay with family or friends and do a couple of the tourist-y things while we 're there.  Mostly we go to spend time with people we love.  I rather enjoy these trips and think that for our family they qualify as a vacation, but for purposes of this Journal I will write about the vacation we hope to be able to take one day.

There are lots of places we'd like to go for a vacation.  Disney World (where we went on our honeymoon), LA (where we both have family), New York (I've never been), Scotland (we've been on mission trips and always said that we'd go back for pleasure), an Alaska cruise (my parents went once and it sounds like a lot of fun), I could go on and on.  We'd like to do a vacation with the boys, without the boys, with extended family and without.

When I asked Hubby where he'd most like to go on vacation he said that Disney World tops his list.  I loved Disney World when we went but I think I'd most like to go to New York.  I mean, I've never been but I've heard so much about it.  I want to see all the big buildings and city bustle.  I want to see good theater on Broadway.  The thing is, I don't really know what all we'd do on a Vacation there because I've never been.  Half the fun would be finding out.

Where do you recommend going for a vacation?

1 comment:

  1. Proof I'm slow: I just realized what TADBJ should stand for :)
    I've always wanted to go on an alaska cruise too! And NY is super fun. It's way cheaper/less stressful if you stay in Jersey (Hoboken, Jersey City, Secaucus) and take the train/path in :) And I love Broadway. I drag the boy to one show every time we're in NY. I hope you get to go someday!! Oh yea, and start with a boat tour (I forget the company we had, but it was AMAZING) so then you can get ideas about what to do from there :)

    ReplyDelete