Friday, May 21, 2010

My Wedding - TADBJ

Writing this makes me a little sad.  No, my wedding wasn't sad, and yes, I'm still happily married.  I'm sad because all of my wedding pictures got lost in a move a few years back.  The only one I have left is a picture I took of one of the pictures on my cell phone.  The quality is horrible because it's a picture of a picture (and because it's a cell phone picture).  I've included that lonely picture at the end of this post.

Our wedding was beautiful.  Our colors were purple and pink (no, not at all "Barbie-ish").  My grandfather performed the ceremony.  We each had three attendants.  Mine were my sister, my best friend, and Hubby's sister.  Hubby's were his college roommate, a friend from church, and my brother.  He had a lot more people that he wanted to be in the wedding, so we made them all ushers.  We had a TON of ushers.

Neither one of us were very nervous before, during, or after the ceremony.  I had a bet going with one of my guy friends that Ryan would cry during the ceremony.  He didn't.  Right after the ceremony when we walked out we went into my changing room and he shut the door, put his head down on my shoulder and started bawling.

At our reception, I had my youth minister MC as the attendants and parents came in.  Each person came out to their own song.  We did this in lieu of a receiving line.  I don't remember what everyone walked out to.  I remember that my mom walked out to, "Pretty Woman."  Hubby's dad came out to a song called, "Tightwad" that was written by a friend of ours.  Later we found out he was a little hurt by it.  One of Ryan's groomsmen walked out to the song "Kokomo."  Ryan's old college roommate walked out to the James Bond theme and my sister was introduced to the same song.  They did a quick dance before he "dropped" her and walked off as if he was hoping no one noticed.  We had great food and a TON of cake!

After the reception we changed.  I don't remember what Hubby wore, but I wore the same going away dress my mom wore after her wedding.  It is pale blue and covered with white eyelet lace.  I was so proud that I fit in it.  I'm not sure that I still could.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few photos, but we have no video because it got destroyed in the process of changing from one format to another.

    ReplyDelete