Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Day in the Life... TADBJ



This is the second theme in the Blog-Journal Project - a timeline of my day.  Are you sure your ready for this?  Okay.  A Day in the Life of The Cloth Diaper Adventurer looks something like this:

  • 6:30am - Baby One (nearly 2) wakes up and plays in his crib.  Hubby and I roll over and pretend not to hear.
  • 6:45am - Baby Two (8 months) wakes up and plays in our bed.  I try desperately to open my eyes and interact with him.  Baby One begins to cry.
  • 7:00am - I start to feel guilty for leaving Baby One crying in his crib.  I put pillows all around Baby Two and go get Baby One who immediately says, "Daddy!  See 'em!"  I take him to see Daddy at which point he says, "Bobble" and I go fix a bottle while the boys play with Daddy.
  • 7:30am - We all meander out of the bedroom and into the living room.  I change diapers and leave the boys to get into trouble play while I fix breakfast.  The boys watch one of their Your Baby Can Read DVD's while they eat.
  • 8:30am - I get myself and the boys dressed while Hubby gets ready for work.
  • 9:00am - The boys and I go for a walk.  We get back in time to see Hubby off to work and catch the tail end of Sesame Street.
  • 9:30-11:00am - I try to take care of housework, blogging, writing, checking my email, etc.  I just do as much of it as I can.
  • 11:00am - LUNCH TIME!!!! Yay!!!  I like food and so do the boys!  Then we kill time until...
  • 12:30 or 1:00pm - Naptime!  Baby One naps.  Baby Two and I sometimes nap during this time too.  Otherwise it's more blogging and/or housework.  This is some of my most productive time.
  • 3:00pm - Baby One wakes up, takes a bottle, gets his diaper changed, gets a snack and plays.  I put Dr.Oz on the TV.  Again, I bounce between the computer, housework, and playing with the boys.
  • 5:00pm - I fix dinner.
  • 6:00pm - Baby One and I eat.  At this point I just try to keep the boys occupied and out of trouble until...
  • 9:00pm - Daddy comes home and then the boys go to bed.  Hubby and I relax, talk and try to capture the last romantic sparks that haven't been killed off in the day's hustle and bustle before we pass out at 11:00pm or midnight.  


Wow!  You never realize how busy you are until you write it all down!  Good grief!  No wonder I'm so tired all the time!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! It seems like you have your hands full with Baby one and baby two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol oh my gosh, I'm seeing a vision of my life if we have a second bambino! Your morning wake up sounds so much like ours, except it's 18 month old either crying in his cot or waking up in our bed. hehe how cute is your Baby One though with 'bobble' and 'see em'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh the life of Toddler Mommies. You and I have a lot in common. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those early days of little ones all at home - exhausting but precious too.

    ReplyDelete