Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Pet Peeves - TADBJ

There are so many!  I'll just list a few.

1. When people don't swap partners at a dance lesson when everyone else in the room is swapping.  Are you really that jealous of your significant other or just that insecure with your dancing? If you tried it I bet you'd like it (after the initial awkwardness wears off)!

2. When people apologize profusely for everything all the time.  I get tired of telling them "It's okay" all the time when they didn't need to apologize in the first place.

3. When people become Bible scholars and then think that they, and other Bible scholars are the only ones qualified to talk about GOD or have any valid ideas or opinions about GOD, the Bible, Christianity, Theology, or Religion in general.  I've met some Bible Scholars who are great people, great friends, and great Christians.  I've also met some who just seem snooty.  It's the snooty ones who annoy me.

4. When people text and drive, drink and drive, apply makeup and drive, speed while driving, try to "weave" through traffic, or basically anything that endangers the lives of everyone else on the road not to mention themselves.  How selfish can you be?

5. When there is a backup on the highway and people feel like they are privileged and should be allowed to drive on the shoulder.  Or, when a car is turning left on a two lane road and the cars behind said car illegally pass the turning car on the right shoulder.  Or, when cars in a parking lot are illegally driving through empty parking spots and nearly hit my car while I'm on the legal driving path and then look at me as if I'm the idiot.Emergency personnel excluded on all of the above, of course.

6. Cats that wake up sleeping babies.  Enough said. :-)

Good night all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the Bible scholars thing. I'm Catholic, born and raised and I'm happy with that. I'm also quiet about my faith and don't go around preaching. It really annoys me when people preach at me.

    Stopping by from SITS to welcome you!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me laugh that I was aware of all of these except the one that I do the most (apologizing). I don't know how I missed that it bothers you so much -- I'm sorry, I'll try to stop, I'll be more aware!
    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete