Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Hardest Thing... TADBJ

This post is supposed to be about the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with.  Honestly, I have a hard time pinning that down.  I feel like I've been through so much that its hard to pick one thing.  Then, when I really think about it, I haven't been through that much at all.  I've never lost a baby (and been aware of it).  I've never lost my home to a fire.  Aside from grandparents who were old and ready I've never lost a family member.  I've never had cancer.

I lost a cat.  I lost a hamster.  I lost two special dogs in my life.

My family moved when I was 14.  I lost friends and the city where I was very happy.

I have darker things in my past too, but given the time and space they seem to pale in comparison to other things.

Given the grass-is-always-greener mentality that we humans tend to have, I'd say that what I'm going through NOW is hardest, but in reality, never before have I had the blessings that are my sons to brighten my life while I was going through something.

All of that to say that I'm not sure what I can say is the hardest thing I've ever been through.  There isn't a really obvious answer for me

Meanwhile let me just say that GOD is teaching me the true meaning of Joy.  He's teaching me that it isn't something you gain after your life is perfect or pretty much perfect.  Joy is something you can have even when times are tough as long as you are trusting in Him.  That's pretty darn cool if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment