Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Adventure Continues...

I found myself pregnant again when my son was only about 6 months old. We weren't trying either time. At about 20 weeks along I had an ultrasound and found out I was having another boy. I went back to Abby's Lane and registered for more cloth diapers! I knew I would need them!

I don't remember for sure if that was how I came across it, or if a ran across it in a random Google search. The "it" I'm referring to is Diaper Decisions. Near the top of the page was a large question mark and the simple question, "Do you want to start a cloth diaper business?" Such a simple question hit me like a ton of bricks! "This could be it!" I thought to myself, "This could be what I've been looking for!" I made up my mind to start looking into it. I figured that in the worst case I would spend a lot of time learning about something I have a lot of interest in (cloth diapering), and best case I could end up owning a successful business that would bring in a modest income. I'm prepared for all options in between, but being very careful not to rush into anything.

While perusing the Diaper Decisions site, I came across The Great Cloth Diaper Hunt. I quickly registered and began my hunt. For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Great Cloth Diaper Hunt... you'll just have to check it out for yourself. ;-)

While on my hunt I began learning more about cloth diapers than I ever knew there was to know! The wheels were really turning now. What about sewing my own diapers? I've only used a sewing machine once, and I wasn't a fan back then (I was about 12). Could I borrow someone's sewing machine and give it a try? Would sewing them by hand be completely insane? Should I stick with retailing diapers other people have made? What would set me apart from other cloth diapering business/websites? Would I like to eventually have a brick & mortar store? How much is it going to cost me to get started?

Yes, there are a lot of questions to be asked. Many I've thought of, many I haven't, and many that I'll think of later.

Indeed the adventure continues... and I'm having fun already.

No comments:

Post a Comment