Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Adventure Begins...

It's hard to believe that this all began over a year ago. I was pregnant with my first child and very interested in cloth diapering. I knew that I wanted to at least cloth diaper at night, and I started learning a lot about cloth diapering.

I found that there were a lot of styles out there... we were no longer limited to the little squares of cloth called prefolds that my mother had used to diaper me. I learned about things like Aplix and snaps. I learned about One Size diapers and All in ones. I learned about pockets, and a little more about prefolds, and about diaper pins, Snappi's and Soakers.

I was intrigued and enthralled! I was disappointed however that there didn't seem to be any physical retail location in my area that sold any of these things except standard, boring prefolds. Undaunted, I set about to find a site that would let me register for the things I wanted to try. The site I found was Abby's Lane. I registered for the diapers I wanted and, to my surprise, received nearly everything I registered for.

Fast forward to today - I have a son who will be one at the end of the month, I've been cloth diapering at night and now, son number 2 is on the way! Ahhh!!! I need more diapers! Not to mention more income! And I've always wanted to start my own business... could this be leading me somewhere?

Indeed, I have come to the point of wanting to start my own cloth diapering business. I'm extremely early in the process and I thought it would be nice to chronicle my journey in blog format. I'm somewhat overwhelmed at the moment and I welcome comments and suggestions. I especially welcome comments and suggestions from those who have been where I am and who have tried this whole starting a business thing.

Welcome to my adventure!

Kayla - The Cloth Diaper Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment