Monday, April 26, 2010

Of Schedules and Diaper Changes

I wonder...

and perhaps that is the source of all my problems, but still, I wonder.

Does any mom ever have everything pulled together?  I'd like to get on a schedule and get things done.  It seems like it should be so easy.  Take care of the babies, keep the apartment clean, and still have time for blogging and for me.  And yet, it all takes longer than I ever anticipate it will. 

Examples:

1. A diaper change turns into a clothes change, turns into cuddle time, turns into snack time, turns into clean up time and just maybe another clothes change which probably means another diaper change while we're at it. 

2. Doing the dishes turns into cleaning the kitchen (even when I promised it was just the dishes for now!), turns into cleaning random spots off the wall, turns into cleaning random spots off the floor (and my mop is where?), turns into picking up Baby One's toys, turns into vacuuming the floor, turns into comforting Baby One, turns into cuddle time, turns into a diaper change (see example number 1). 

3. Blogging turns into checking my email, turns into checking facebook, turns into checking twitter, turns back into blogging, turns into visiting other blogs, turns into visiting SITS, turns into visiting MORE blogs, turns into me remembering that the dishes need done (see example number 2).

And then, I wonder...

and perhaps that is the source of all my problems, but still, I wonder.

Does every mom feel like this?

Perhaps its time for a FLYLady makeover?

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem! I deleted my Facebook account last year for that very reason then I get into blogging!

    I found your blog through BlogFrog and now I'm a follower. Here's my blog if you'd like to stop by.

    http://inthehappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually your diaper scenario sounds rather pleasant to me! The one I do not like is the a diaper change turns into a OH MY GOD it's everywhere! That turns into a clothes change for two, that turns into a full scale bath and sheet change, lol.

    But, I get the idea :D. I saw you over at sits on blogfrog and am following you, if you would like to follow me back I am at http://faerie-fangs.blogspot.com/ ;)

    ReplyDelete