Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mixed Blessings

It finally happened.  Hubby got a job!  He's been looking for quite some time and he finally got one.  We are so thankful that this job came up and it will help us pay the bills, but it has turned out to be quite the mixed bag. 

The trouble is that it is a 10-hour-a-day job, starting at 10 and ending at 8:30, 6 days a week.  What does that mean for us?  It means that daddy doesn't get to spend time with us in the evening before the boys go to bed.  It means that we have about an hour after he gets home to chat before we're both ready to crash.  Mornings are spent getting everyone up and ready for the day.  It means fewer park/playground days for us because Daddy needs the car at work.. on and on and on.

Yes, I am thankful for the job!  Please don't misunderstand.  But we are trying to find some kind of balance in this schedule.  Meanwhile, forgive my moment of self-pity.  I'll get over it and move on. 

4 comments:

  1. It is always rough when you are adjusting to a new work schedule. Good luck - and congrats on the job! (Oh and happy SITS sharefest!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a blessing to get a job in today's job market. But I can appreciate how tough it is to navigate all the adjustments the new job is posing on the family. And I'm sure your husband is more tired and he must be frustrated at his lack of interaction too. Good luck as you work out your new family dynamics. Happy Saturday Sharefest. Drop in if you get a chance on my blog. I love visitors. I had to go a LOT farther to get MY new job---a whole new continent (Africa)! read about it on my blog. dianewords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I can imagine your excitement over his job, but after him being home with you for a bit, I can also understand your anxiety over the change of schedule. My husband has been looking for a job. I know what its like to have him at your disposal and then not anymore.

    You and your family will make the adjustment to his new job and thing will settle quickly.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! It is an adjustment but I think we're starting to settle in.

    ReplyDelete